Brought to you by - Total Football Advisors, LLC
Here it is: Xavier Cromartie’s 2015 NFL Mock Draft 8.0 — Three-Rounds (includes team-by-team list)
*Background info: Xavier Cromartie interview
1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: QB Jameis Winston (Last = 1)
Intro: I always try to avoid personal bias in my mock drafts. But, for the record, the following are the 16 players that I personally would take with a first-round pick if I were a GM: (1) CB Byron Jones, (2) WR Breshad Perriman, (3) EDGE Vic Beasley, (4) EDGE Alvin Dupree, (5) WR Amari Cooper, (6) CB/S Eric Rowe, (7) EDGE Owamagbe Odighizuwa, (8) WR Kevin White, (9) EDGE Preston Smith, (10) OT Jake Fisher, (11) OT DJ Humphries, (12) C Cameron Erving, (13) G Brandon Scherff, (14) LB Steph Anthony, (15) EDGE Eli Harold, (16) EDGE Danielle Hunter.
2. Tennessee Titans: QB Marcus Mariota (Last = 2)
Again, it appears that Mariota will be the pick here, but the question is which team it will be. Cleveland and New Orleans are in the picture.
3. Jacksonville Jaguars: EDGE Vic Beasley (Last = 3)
While everyone blindly puts Dante Fowler here, in reality this pick will almost certainly be Beasley. Beasley is a much better Leo fit than Fowler.
4. Oakland Raiders: DT Leonard Williams (+) Last = 5
I believe that the Raiders prefer Williams and a round-2 WR. If they don’t get Williams, then look for Amari Cooper or a trade down.
5. Washington Pigskins: WR Amari Cooper (+) Last = 7
Another team could trade up for Cooper here, or Washington might take him as the best player available. Any mock draft that doesn’t put Cooper in the 4-7 range has no credibility. He’s not falling to 10-14.
6. New York Jets: EDGE Dante Fowler (Last = 6)
They would probably be happy with either Fowler or Cooper.
7. Chicago Bears: WR Kevin White (–) Last = 4
The Bears will take Cooper or White if available.
8. Atlanta Falcons: EDGE Alvin Dupree (+) Last = 9
Dupree’s only downside is arm length. The Falcons are looking for an athletic EDGE guy… not a Shane Ray.
9. New York Giants: EDGE Randy Gregory (–) Last = 8
Teams knew about Gregory’s issues already. I think now everyone is badmouthing him in hopes that he’ll slide. The Giants are likely going with the best defensive talent available… It’s not going to be Landon Collins.
10. St Louis Rams: G Brandon Scherff (+) Last = 14
He is considered the top OL in the draft.
11. Minnesota Vikings: CB Trae Waynes (+) Last = 22
The Vikings are hot for all the top CBs and it looks like Waynes is their first choice.
12. Cleveland Browns: WR DeVante Parker (+) Last = 19
The Browns love overhyped players.
13. New Orleans Saints: EDGE Shane Ray (+) Last = 31
Scouts love the tape. I’m not saying that I agree with the pick.
14. Miami Dolphins: WR Dorial Green-Beckham (–) Last = 13
It’s assumed that they’re looking for a WR, and I think they’ll take the chance on him.
15. San Francisco 49ers: CB Marcus Peters (–) Last = 11
Teams think he’s the best CB. I doubt he gets out of round 1. He is a Bay Area product.
16. Houston Texans: WR Breshad Perriman (+) Last = 48
He has the production to go with his ridiculous speed.
17. San Diego Chargers: DT Malcom Brown (+) Last = 21
The flaw with thinking that Gurley will go here: don’t you think the Chargers are tired of dealing with injured RBs?
18. Kansas City Chiefs: C Cameron Erving (+) Last = 36
I feel OL is still the likely pick here. They need a C and Erving is considered one of the best OL in the draft despite his position.
19. Cleveland Browns: NT Danny Shelton (–) Last = 12
Shelton’s appeal is fading, but the Browns need a big man and are interested.
20. Philadelphia Eagles: CB Byron Jones (–) Last = 16
I find it very difficult to see any way they pass on such an amazing athlete.
21. Cincinnati Bengals: LT DJ Humphries (+) Last = 25
They need to consider the future at OT.
22. Pittsburgh Steelers: CB Ronald Darby (–) Last = 15
Regardless of where mock drafters put him, the reality is that the NFL thinks highly of him.
23. Detroit Lions: RB Todd Gurley (–) Last = 17
I’ve always thought that they are the team most likely to think that they’re only a ‘special’ RB away from becoming a contender.
24. Arizona Cardinals: NT Jordan Phillips (+) Last = 55
Like with Shelton, the rarity of NTs pushes him into the first round.
25. Carolina Panthers: RT Ereck Flowers (–) Last = 10
You are required to put an OL here.
26. Baltimore Ravens: S Landon Collins (Last = 26)
A typical Ravens value defender.
27. Dallas Cowboys: RB Melvin Gordon (–) Last = 23
They are obviously drafting a RB at some point.
28. Denver Broncos: RT Jake Fisher (Last = 28)
Kubiak has to like his athleticism.
29. Indianapolis Colts: OT Andrus Peat (Last = 29)
Value pick to upgrade the OL.
30. Green Bay Packers: LB Stephone Anthony (Last = 30)
Lots of chatter for Kendricks and Anthony here.
31. New Orleans Saints: WR Phillip Dorsett (+) Last = 37
Might seem like a surprise pick to some. Dorsett should be in the late-first conversation.
32. New England Patriots: CB Kevin Johnson (Last = 32)
They lost some CBs.
33. Tennessee Titans: CB Jalen Collins (+) 35
34. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: G La’el Collins (–) 18
35. Oakland Raiders: WR Jaelen Strong (+) 41
36. Jacksonville Jaguars: RB TJ Yeldon (+) 42
37. New York Jets: WR Nelson Agholor (+) 51
38. Washington Pigskins: EDGE Owamagbe Odighizuwa (–) 20
39. Chicago Bears: EDGE Preston Smith (–) 24
40. New York Giants: G TJ Clemmings (+) 45
41. Saint Louis Rams: LB Eric Kendricks (–) 34
42. Atlanta Falcons: RB Tevin Coleman (–) 27
43. Cleveland Browns: S Damarious Randall (+) 61
44. New Orleans Saints: QB Bryce Petty 44
45. Minnesota Vikings: LB Paul Dawson (+) NR
46. San Francisco 49ers: DE Arik Armstead (–) 33
47. Miami Dolphins: LB Denzel Perryman (–) 46
48. San Diego Chargers: RB Jay Ajayi (+) 67
49. Kansas City Chiefs: LB Benardrick McKinney (–) 40
50. Buffalo Bills: QB Garrett Grayson (+) NR
51. Houston Texans: EDGE Eli Harold (–) 38
52. Philadelphia Eagles: CB/S Eric Rowe 52
53. Cincinnati Bengals: WR Tyler Lockett 53
54. Detroit Lions: DT Michael Bennett 54
55. Arizona Cardinals: EDGE Danielle Hunter (+) 85
56. Pittsburgh Steelers: NT Eddie Goldman (–) 39
57. Carolina Panthers: WR Devin Smith (–) 47
58. Baltimore Ravens: TE Maxx Williams 58
59. Denver Broncos: DT Carl Davis (+) 64
60. Dallas Cowboys: DT Mario Edwards 60
61. Indianapolis Colts: G AJ Cann (+) 65
62. Green Bay Packers: CB/S Quinten Rollins (–) 57
63. Seattle Seahawks: RT Ty Sambrailo 63
64. New England Patriots: DT Grady Jarrett (+) NR
**Fantasy Football Metrics and College Football Metrics IDP Dynasty (three-year) projections now exist on the Fantasy Football Management technology: “The Machine.” See “The Machine” here (link): The Machine via FFM
65. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: EDGE Nate Orchard (+) 77
66. Tennessee Titans: WR Sammie Coates 66
67. Jacksonville Jaguars: OT Cedric Ogbuehi (–) 50
68. Oakland Raiders: CB Alex Carter (–) 62
69. Washington Pigskins: CB/S Josh Shaw (+) 71
70. New York Jets: RB Ameer Abdullah 70
71. Chicago Bears: DE Marcus Hardison (+) 92
72. Saint Louis Rams: WR Devin Funchess (–) 59
73. Atlanta Falcons: C Hroniss Grasu 73
74. New York Giants: LB Shaq Thompson (–) 49
75. New Orleans Saints: TE Clive Walford (+) 94
76. Minnesota Vikings: G Laken Tomlinson (–) 68
77. Cleveland Browns: QB Brett Hundley (–) 43
78. New Orleans Saints: G Tre Jackson (+) NR
79. San Francisco 49ers: LB Ben Heeney (+) NR
80. Kansas City Chiefs: WR Justin Hardy 80
81. Buffalo Bills: G Jeremiah Poutasi (–) 78
82. Houston Texans: LB Ramik Wilson (–) 81
83. San Diego Chargers: CB D’Joun Smith (+) 86
84. Philadelphia Eagles: EDGE Davis Tull (–) 82
85. Cincinnati Bengals: CB PJ Williams (–) 69
86. Arizona Cardinals: LB Kwon Alexander (–) 72
87. Pittsburgh Steelers: RB Duke Johnson (–) 56
88. Detroit Lions: G Donovan Smith (–) 79
89. Carolina Panthers: RB David Johnson (–) 76
90. Baltimore Ravens: DE Henry Anderson (–) 87
91. Dallas Cowboys: CB Steven Nelson (–) 75
92. Denver Broncos: TE Jeff Heuerman (+) NR
93. Indianapolis Colts: S James Sample (–) 74
94. Green Bay Packers: EDGE Markus Golden (–) 83
95. Seattle Seahawks: DT Xavier Cooper 95
96. New England Patriots: G Ali Marpet 96
97. New England Patriots (Comp): CB Ifo Ekpre-Olomu (–) 84
98. Kansas City Chiefs (Comp): S Anthony Harris (+) NR
99. Cincinnati Bengals (Comp): EDGE Frank Clark 99
100. Tennessee Titans (Round 4): RT Daryl Williams (–) 88
Dropped out: WR Rashad Greene (89), RB Jeremy Langford (90), LB Lorenzo Mauldin (91), EDGE Anthony Chickillo (93), WR Chris Conley (97), WR Darren Waller (98), QB Jake Waters (100).
24. NT Jordan Phillips
55. EDGE Danielle Hunter
86. LB Kwon Alexander
8. EDGE Alvin Dupree
42. RB Tevin Coleman
73. C Hroniss Grasu
26. S Landon Collins
58. TE Maxx Williams
90. DE Henry Anderson
50. QB Garrett Grayson
81. G Jeremiah Poutasi
25. RT Ereck Flowers
57. WR Devin Smith
89. RB David Johnson
7. WR Kevin White
39. EDGE Preston Smith
71. DE Marcus Hardison
21. LT DJ Humphries
53. WR Tyler Lockett
85. CB PJ Williams
99. EDGE Frank Clark
12. WR DeVante Parker
19. NT Danny Shelton
43. S Damarious Randall
77. QB Brett Hundley
27. RB Melvin Gordon
60. DT Mario Edwards
91. CB Steven Nelson
28. RT Jake Fisher
59. DT Carl Davis
92. TE Jeff Heuerman
23. RB Todd Gurley
54. DT Michael Bennett
88. G Donovan Smith
Green Bay Packers
30. LB Stephone Anthony
62. CB/S Quinten Rollins
94. EDGE Markus Golden
16. WR Breshad Perriman
51. EDGE Eli Harold
83. LB Ramik Wilson
29. OT Andrus Peat
61. G AJ Cann
93. S James Sample
3. EDGE Vic Beasley
36. RB TJ Yeldon
67. OT Cedric Ogbuehi
Kansas City Chiefs
18. C Cameron Erving
49. LB Benardrick McKinney
80. WR Justin Hardy
98. S Anthony Harris
14. WR Dorial Green-Beckham
47. LB Denzel Perryman
11. CB Trae Waynes
45. LB Paul Dawson
76. G Laken Tomlinson
New England Patriots
32. CB Kevin Johnson
64. DT Grady Jarrett
96. G Ali Marpet
97. CB Ifo Ekpre-Olomu
New Orleans Saints
13. EDGE Shane Ray
31. WR Phillip Dorsett
44. QB Bryce Petty
75. TE Clive Walford
78. G Tre Jackson
New York Giants
9. EDGE Randy Gregory
40. G TJ Clemmings
74. LB Shaq Thompson
New York Jets
6. EDGE Dante Fowler
37. WR Nelson Agholor
70. RB Ameer Abdullah
4. DT Leonard Williams
35. WR Jaelen Strong
68. CB Alex Carter
20. CB Byron Jones
52. CB/S Eric Rowe
84. EDGE Davis Tull
22. CB Ronald Darby
56. NT Eddie Goldman
87. RB Duke Johnson
St Louis Rams
10. G Brandon Scherff
41. LB Eric Kendricks
72. WR Devin Funchess
San Diego Chargers
17. DT Malcom Brown
48. RB Jay Ajayi
83. CB D’Joun Smith
San Francisco 49ers
16. CB Marcus Peters
46. DE Arik Armstead
79. LB Ben Heeney
63. RT Ty Sambrailo
95. DT Xavier Cooper
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
1. QB Jameis Winston
34. G La’el Collins
65. EDGE Nate Orchard
2. QB Marcus Mariota
33. CB Jalen Collins
66. WR Sammie Coates
100. RT Daryl Williams
5. WR Amari Cooper
38. EDGE Owamagbe Odighizuwa
69. CB/S Josh Shaw