**Quick Update in Xavier’s top-10. changes at #5, 8, and 9**
Here’s a hot off the press, three-round Mock Draft taking into consideration the DB times just completed at the NFL Combine.
Background info: Xavier Cromartie interview
A new season of “Play The Draft” has begun: (link) FFM ‘Play The Draft’ 2015—Enter the contest link (link) FFM ‘Play The Draft’ 2015 prize package
Mock Draft 4.01
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers: QB Jameis Winston
In mock 1.0, I said that Winston would shock the mainstream by putting up a 25-30 Wonderlic… At the Combine, his football IQ was being compared to Peyton Manning’s. Looks like the media’s ‘immature thug’ story was a bit one-sided.
- *TRADE* Philadelphia Eagles: QB Marcus Mariota
“The heart wants what it wants.” Imagine having a girlfriend who is great at all the relationship stuff, but is only a 5/10 in the looks department. That’s Foles to Chip Kelly. When you think you have a chance with a girl whom you think is a 10/10 physically (Mariota), you don’t think logically. You’re overwhelmed emotionally.
- Jacksonville Jaguars: DT Leonard Williams
Jacksonville doesn’t mind taking the perceived best defender in the draft.
- Oakland Raiders: WR Kevin White (+)
Credit to Daniel Jeremiah for predicting that White had Julio Jones speed.
- Washington Pigskins: OLB Dante Fowler (+)Fowler appears unlikely to escape the top 5, with potential to go as high as 2.
- New York Jets: WR Amari Cooper (-)
Cooper’s stock didn’t drop, but Kevin White surged ahead of him.
- Chicago Bears: NT Danny Shelton
Shelton remains the consensus pick at 7. Momentum may be slowly turning downward.
- Atlanta Falcons: OLB Vic Beasley (+)Beasley is the closest thing in this draft to Von Miller. He destroyed the Combine in every way possible.
- New York Giants: DE/OLB Randy Gregory (-)Gregory failed to make himself the clear-cut top pass rusher at the Combine.
- St. Louis Rams: G Brandon Scherff
Even with a projection to guard, most scouts put Scherff as one of the top talents in the draft.
- Minnesota Vikings: WR DeVante Parker
Parker did about as well as expected and remains a good bet to reunite with Bridgewater.
- Cleveland Browns: RT Ereck Flowers (+)
Flowers is expected to be a run-mauling right tackle.
- New Orleans Saints: OLB Alvin Dupree(+)
Dupree had a sensational Combine and is now discussed in the group of Gregory/Fowler/Beasley.
- Miami Dolphins: G La’el Collins
Collins needs to move to guard, but the Dolphins have a major need at that position.
- San Francisco 49ers: DE Arik Armstead
Armstead’s disappointing 40 time has been attributed to poor running form. Good vertical and his measurables did end up similar to Calais Campbell.
- Houston Texans: CB Trae Waynes (+)
He locked up the top CB spot with a 4.32.
- San Diego Chargers: LT DJ Humphries (+)
I was hot for Humphries before he got the Daniel Jeremiah push recently. He is the top left tackle in the draft.
- Kansas City Chiefs: LB Eric Kendricks (+)
A great Combine put Kendricks ahead of the other ILB prospects.
- Cleveland Browns: QB Brett Hundley (+)
A draft-day shocker… but what else do you do when your only QB is Johnny Rehab?
- *TRADE* Tennessee Titans: S Landon Collins
Collins should ultimately follow the same draft pattern as Clinton-Dix last season.
- Cincinnati Bengals: DT Malcom Brown
Brown is solidly in the 15-20 realm.
- Pittsburgh Steelers: OLB Shane Ray (-)
Count me among the Shane Ray haters.
- Detroit Lions: RB Todd Gurley
Melvin Gordon went from ‘special’ to ‘not Jamaal Charles’ at the Combine, putting Gurley back on top at RB.
- Arizona Cardinals: OLB Eli Harold
Pass rushers are clearly the strength of this class. Harold matched high expectations in the measurables.
- Carolina Panthers: LT Andrus Peat (-)
Peat is a left tackle, but he’s a project. Run blocker.
- Baltimore Ravens: OLB Danielle Hunter (+)
Another pass rusher who had a tremendous Combine.
- Dallas Cowboys: CB Jalen Collins(+)
The erstwhile Quinten Rollins buzz has shifted over to Collins. Ran an acceptable 4.4.
- Denver Broncos: DE Eddie Goldman
Wade Phillips has a little bit of an unorthodox 3-4 scheme that would suit the metrics and abilities of Goldman.
- Indianapolis Colts: RB Melvin Gordon (-)
Gordon is still unlikely to fall out of the first round despite bland measurables.
- Green Bay Packers: NT Jordan Phillips (+)
Nose tackles aren’t easy to find, and they need some beef on the d-line.
- Seattle Seahawks: WR Breshad Perriman (-)
It’s fair to say that a WR with size is a position of need in Seattle.
- New England Patriots: DT Carl Davis (+)
Some have Davis solidly in the first round, others think he’s lazy.
- Tennessee: CB Ronald Darby (+)
- Tampa Bay: LB Bernardrick McKinney (+)
- Oakland: RT TJ Clemmings
- Jacksonville: DE Owamagbe Odighizuwa (+)
- New York Jets: CB Marcus Peters
- Washington: CB Kevin Johnson (-)
- Chicago: DE Preston Smith (+)
- New York Giants: LT Jake Fisher (+)
- Saint Louis: ILB Denzel Perryman (-)
- Atlanta: C Cameron Erving (+)
- Cleveland: WR Jaelen Strong (-)
- New Orleans: CB Byron Jones (+)
- Minnesota: OLB Shaq Thompson (-)
- San Francisco: WR Dorial Green-Beckham (-)
- Miami: WR Phillip Dorsett (-)
- San Diego: CB PJ Williams (-)
- Kansas City: LT Cedric Ogbuehi (+)
- Buffalo: TE Maxx Williams (-)
- Houston: RT Ty Sambrailo (-)
- Philadelphia: CB/S Eric Rowe (+)
- Cincinnati: DE Mario Edwards (+)
- Detroit: G AJ Cann (+)
- Arizona: RB David Johnson (+)
- Pittsburgh: CB Alex Carter (-)
- Carolina: WR Devin Smith (-)
- Baltimore: RT Donovan Smith (+)
- Denver: CB/S Quinten Rollins (-)
- Dallas: DE Markus Golden (+)
- Indianapolis: WR Nelson Agholor
- Green Bay: ILB Stephone Anthony (+)
- Seattle: DT Michael Bennett (-)
- New England: G Jeremiah Poutasi (+)
**Fantasy Football Metrics and College Football Metrics IDP Dynasty (three-year) projections now exist on the Fantasy Football Management technology: “The Machine.” See “The Machine” here (link): The Machine via FFM
- Tampa Bay: G Tre Jackson (+)
- Tennessee: OLB Lorenzo Mauldin (-)
- Jacksonville: RT Daryl Williams (+)
- Oakland: RB Jay Ajayi (-)
- Washington: S Ibraheim Campbell
- New York Jets: RB Ameer Abdullah (+)
- Chicago: FS Gerod Holliman
- Saint Louis: WR Sammie Coates (-)
- Atlanta: RB TJ Yeldon (+)
- New York Giants: S Jaquiski Tartt (+)
- New Orleans: NT Ellis McCarthy (+)
- Minnesota: G Laken Tomlinson (-)
- Cleveland: TE Clive Walford (-)
- Miami: OLB Paul Dawson (-)
- San Francisco: G Ali Marpet (+)
- Kansas City: WR Justin Hardy (+)
- Buffalo: DE Nate Orchard
- Houston: NT Joey Mbu (+)
- San Diego: RB Duke Johnson (-)
- Philadelphia: CB Charles Gaines (+)
- Cincinnati: WR Rashad Greene
- Arizona: CB D’Joun Smith (-)
- Pittsburgh: DE Henry Anderson (+)
- Detroit: DT Grady Jarrett (+)
- Carolina: DE Trey Flowers (-)
- Baltimore: WR Devin Funchess (-)
- Dallas: RB Tevin Coleman (-)
- Denver: G Josue Matias (-)
- Indianapolis: C Hroniss Grasu
- Green Bay: CB Senquez Golson (-)
- Seattle: CB Steven Nelson (-)
- New England: S James Sample (+)
- Compensatory: WR Chris Conley (+)
- Compensatory: WR Darren Waller (+)
- Compensatory: DT Xavier Cooper (-)
- Compensatory: QB Jake Waters