Quick Notes from MNF double dip...
*Update = Chris Carson info on game recap coming out next in a few hours, but we'll add something on him below. Corey Davis we assume not on waivers, but we're going to add him to the lists below. Check the 'Waivers TO trust'
-- I have never seen Sam Bradford that downfield-accurate since he ripped the Green Bay Packers early last season. That moment, last season, was not the arrival of the Vikings' passing game…it was the foreshadow of the Packers Pass D collapse. I'm going to assume the Saints aren't better in the secondary yet…I thought they would be. I was a fool for opening the door that the Saints had something for 2017 on defense. They suck…both sides of the ball.
-- Adrian Peterson is going to be released within a few weeks…that was a hot mess. Alvin Kamara is going to take over the split #1 role before long.
-- Did I tell you Adam Thielen was Jordy Nelson or what? Not this summer, but for like three years. I never imagined he'd get this kind of shot/treatment. Good for him.
-- Jamaal Charles looks really good, but Denver is totally locked in on C.J. Anderson. Jamaal is an RB3-hopeful until CJA goes down…then he's an RB1.
-- Jatavis Brown had 14 tackles, but it seemed like he had 114 tackles. What a great player. I wonder who pushed Jatavis as a top 10-20 prospect for the NFL Draft and top 5 for dynasty rookie drafts last year? Who could that be? Top 5 IDP year coming…
-- You can always count on two things from Philip Rivers – losing whatever game he's QB-ing and throwing every pass he can to Keenan Allen. Tyrell Williams can only be a WR2-3 in this terrible Anthony Lynn offense. Hunter Henry saw ZERO targets, FYI.
Trade For (Guys we believe are worth much more than current market price in most cases)…
5) Tarik Cohen – I maintain people don’t know what they have still. If you can trade a hot Week 1 player in a deal getting Cohen, do it. We value Cohen a lot higher than 'they' do.
5b) Evan Engram – The world is going to be tight end desperate now and into the future, Engram is the best hope at 'special' for the future…and in the weeks ahead. He's a fringe TE1 value to trade for from others, but he's also a rookie so some are deranged on his value…like us.
4) Bilal Powell – People didn't trust him going into this season, and had kind of a quiet first game…working behind Forte. For those needing an RB, here's one that might put up Tarik Cohen PPR numbers for half the price. He'd be round 8-9-10 in a redraft if we drafted right now.
3) Tevin Coleman – Those still aching from the DJ loss and trying to find warm bodies with upside…Coleman seemed pretty important in this new O-C's offense here. The Falcons' 'Cohen'. He'd still be in that 6-8 round range in PPR redrafts taking place today.
2) Davante Adams – People didn't trust him going into this season, and a mediocre stat line with no TDs this week only pushes the narrative. 4th-5th round in redrafts today…maybe sliding to 6th…maybe behind Randall Cobb if held today.
1) Joe Mixon – Buried in Cincy, but not for long. Those that lost DJ…this is your only hope at a cheap DJ replacement – with risk he keeps sharing. I don’t think he'll be under wraps/sharing for more than this week, but it might be 'on' this week. He'd be a #40-60 overall in drafts today. He's get-able but has some rookie lust pushing his value to get.
Trade Away (Players we believe are radically overvalued and can cash in on, or ones you need to get off of ASAP…plus, trying to give you an idea of valuation)…
5) Carson Wentz – One B.S. long TD pass and everyone goes nuts…schedule is rough ahead too. Wentz would be a top 12 taken QB, back-end, in redrafts today. Wentz + X for a depressed QB (Brady, Brees) might be had.
4) Jimmy Graham – Get what you can, find another TE…any TE to stream, etc. There's always someone willing to buy low on Graham. Best traded in a multi-player deal.
3) Todd Gurley – Had a decent FF line against a terrible team. He still sucks running the ball. He's an RB2 all day long. If you can sell as a strong RB1, then go for it.
2) Mike Gillislee – Cash out on the 3 TD day if you can find a sucker to take him at higher prices. Gillislee would probably be a top 30-35 player in redrafts today. He's OK, but at risk of being lost in the Patriots RB shuffle at any moment.
1) Kareem Hunt – His value will never be higher. If you were redrafting today, he'd be a top 15 player…and top 1-2-3 in dynasty rookie drafts.
Waiver names to trust (obviously, depending on league…I'm looking at less than 50% owned in mainstream league stats):
**6-7) Chris Carson ** I don't think investing in this play is wise. It's a clustered backfield that there is almost no way CC is consistently producing. At some point, on waivers you take a shot but not with any priority.
5) Marlon Mack – Will be in a split with Gore…a step away from starting
4) Allen Hurns – The new #1 WR for the Jags…but who cares that much about their passing game?
3b) Alvin Kamara – Will be co-#1 RB within a few weeks if you want to invest a little early
3a) Javorius Allen – Will be the PPR back for the Ravens for weeks, maybe the rest of the season.
2) Kerwynn Williams – We're forced to love this now, and hope he doesn’t get crowded out.
**1.5) Corey Davis ** A #1-like WR about to emerge for Tennessee it appears. Not a given producer week-to-week, but is going to become a WR2 with WR1 moments and has a bright enough future.
1) Tarik Cohen – Obviously. How much to bid…for those that bid? I'm hearing/seeing a lot of $15-25 (out of $100) talk. $30+ is probably a safe area. Kerwynn and Javorius will help take some full-fledged lust away from Cohen.
Waiver names to mistrust:
5) Marqise Lee – Only Allen Hurns may matter in this passing game sans ARob…and barely at that.
4) Benny Fowler…Two TDs and everyone goes nuts. I think C.J. Anderson scored a TD right before each Fowler score but it got called back. Nothing to see here.
3) Jesse James…Two TDs and everyone goes nuts. Vance McDonald looms…as does the entire rest of the roster.
2) Austin Hooper…One B.S. TD and everyone goes nuts.
1) Nelson Agholor – One B.S. TD and everyone goes nuts.
Names to grab off deep waivers Ahead of the Curve
5) Zach Miller – The best Bears receiver not named 'Tarik Cohen'
4) George Kittle – Has some Evan Engram like hopes, very poor man's version…that his athleticism will make him tough to contain. A nice check down for Hoyer.
3) Dion Lewis – The Patriots will have to trade him at some point. Hello, Houston. Depending on where he lands —you trade him next day.
2) Austin Seferian-Jenkins – One more game out, then back from suspension Week 3
1) Orleans Darkwa – I think he'll be the Giants 'starter with Vereen as early as mid-week this week. EHes not bad. Physical, more built for non-PPR.
Players you can just give up on, stop believing…
5) Adrian Peterson – That was an embarrassment what I saw last night.
4) Cordarrelle Patterson – I will never speak this name again, or type it. He could have been the Tyreek before Tyreek, but now he's just nothing.
3) Latavius Murray – They aren’t budging from Dalvin Cook…the northern Christian McCaffrey.
2) Torrey Smith – He is a joke on this team…good for a catch a game. He's been a joke for about three years now. 'Weapons'…Ha!
1) Eddie Lacy – Career is close to over. I don't own him anywhere, but if you took a shot…stop doing so.