2019 Dynasty-Fantasy Preseason Analysis Wk2 Ravens 26, Packers 13
John Harbaugh is now 15-0 in his last 15 preseason games against-the=spread, if I have my data correct. He plays to win the preseason. The Packers countered them with awful DeShone Kizer to start, so that didn’t help take down Harbaugh here. The Packers hung around, but the Ravens led wire-to-wire and won in the preseason again.
Let’s look at the fantasy player notes from this game…
-- The Ravens’ backfield report, in the order they appeared in the game:
1) Mark Ingram (4-18-0) is being treated like a savior by the team and especially the analysts. You’d think the Ravens stole Ezekiel Elliott somehow. He looked solid enough.
2) Kenneth Dixon (6-14-0, 1-9-0/1) was a minor surprise as the 2nd RB in the game, but I think the Ravens are trying to showcase him for a trade…or they will cut him. Dixon does what he does…he limped off the field after his first carry. He did return later for some nothing touches.
Look for Jacksonville or Atlanta to be the ones to make a move on Dixon.
3) Gus Edwards (2-13-0) entered and did his normal…ran straight…straight over tacklers…looks like the best power RB for this NFL-unique run game. He will sit behind Ingram.
4) Justice Hill (10-49-1) will force the Dixon trade/cut and be the ‘satellite back’ on an offense that doesn’t really exploit that position and they will know that’s why Hill is in the game as soon as he enters. Hill looks really good this preseason. He a great ‘Sproles’ on a team that uses that type of role less than any team in the NFL will/would with their Lamar Jackson offense.
5) De’Lance Turner (5-29-0)…the forgotten man here. I doubt the Ravens keep four RBs. They’ll try to plant Turner on the practice squad, but some other team in need should poach him…but that’s assuming anyone in the NFL is scouting the preseason and after years of studying it, I know they really are blind to other team’s lesser-known talent.
The NFL personnel departments are worse than the ‘typical’ league mates you have in fantasy…the ones that get all their info from ESPN/Yahoo, etc. The NFL war rooms will try to get a released/available Ronald Jones with all their might…as Turner sails right through waivers and onto the Ravens’ practice squad.
-- Miles Boykin’s (0-0-0/3) preseason shows why you have to scout all the games/plays you can and try not to overreact to one event if the player’s prior scouting was questionable.
In Week 1, Boykin had a couple early gaffes and then looked like the best WR from the 2019 NFL Draft on a couple catches to finish his game. Week 2, a gaffe-fest…which is Boykin’s norm from college. He’s such a head fake. Beautiful athlete, bad professional wide receiver.
I’ve seen enough. I’m slashing Boykin down in the next Dynasty Rookie Rankings. I tried to open my mind to Boykin and J.J. Arcega-Whiteside, but I’ve seen enough. Not interested for dynasty/fantasy.
-- Miles Boykin is not as good as these Packers’ backups…
1) Jake Kumerow (3-52-0/5) looks FANTASTIC. He was working a kind of slot role/a lot of inside slant work. He should be a starter. He might be a starter before too long.
2) Allen Lazard (3-63-0/4) should be pushing to be an NFL starter already, but I’m not sure he’ll make the Packers roster. He’s wonderful…Mike Evans-ish. He’s really shining this preseason. Lazard will make this team, I think, as the #5-6 WR and be buried for a while.
The Pack is going Adams-MVS-Allison as starters when they should go Adams-Kumerow-Lazard.
3) Equanimeous St. Brown (0-0-0/1) has fallen from a top sleeper for me earlier this year (assumed he would beat out MVS) to the bottom of the Packers WR depth chart (for those WRs making the team). ESB has just disappeared.
Personally, I don’t believe ESB wants an NFL career bad enough so guys like Jake Kumerow are grinding/hustling past him. He might get cut or traded possibly. ESB is talented but doesn’t seem to have the X-factor. I thought that about Kenny Golladay coming out of college, so don’t write that in stone.
-- Another nice showing for rookie LB Ty Summers (5 tackles, 1 TFL). Future LB starter for the Pack someday, and maybe sometime this season at this rate.
-- Everything you want to know about the Packers’ new head coach and their President/GM/personnel people – watch for two signs of Green Bay headed in the right direction or wrong direction…
1) If they cut Allen Lazard, the management teams are potential idiots.
2) If they keep DeShone Kizer and/or have him #2 over Tim Boyle (12-21 for 107 yards, 1 TD/0 INT) at QB. You cannot trust people who roster DeShone Kizer…especially if he’s their aging/tender Aaron Rodgers emergency policy.
I’m moving on from Green Bay as NFL North winners in part because if Rodgers goes down for a game or ten…the Packers have self-mutilated their chances to win football games with this Kizer fixation.
-- Make sure you have the (free) FFM App with notifications enabled to get alerts anytime we post an article or report or update rankings to FFM/CFM.
-- The 2019 Annual Fantasy Football Metrics Draft Guide package is now available – the 2019 player scoring projections, rankings, special reports, commentary on 600+ players, IDP rankings, etc…all updated daily/weekly throughout the offseason right up to kickoff.
Our 2019 In-Season coverage (Weekly rankings, all game reports, video shows, special reports, etc.) is available for pre-purchase, so you’re ready/signed up for when the season begins. Purchase In-Season and Draft Guide as a COMBO to save a few bucks and get all set up in one session.
-- College Football Metrics statistically scouts/grades 600+ NFL Draft prospects, and deeper studies 100+ prospects pre- and post-draft with detailed scouting reports and rank the top 300+ Dynasty Rookie Draft prospects (including IDP) every week throughout the offseason. See our home page for details on our various subscriptions.
-- The debut season of our Dynasty Offseason/Best Ball is now available – Dynasty rankings for various scoring positions in downloadable/editable spreadsheet format for your use. Offseason strategy reports posting weekly…trade for/away, sleepers, deep sleepers, draft strategies, mock drafts, etc. And you would have been privy to my contacts and reports on Tyreek Hill’s situation from when it began – and you would have prospered from it.
Shop for Authentic Autographed Collectibles at SportsMemorabilia.comBrowse Products
Collect League Dues...for FREE!Browse Products
NFLShop - The Official Online Shop of the NFL!Browse Products
Shop our Amazon affiliate link and save!Browse Products
Daily fantasy sports for cash! Play FREE to win millions!Browse Products
Sports Apparel, Jerseys and Fan Gear at Fanatics.com Sports ShopBrowse Products
Shop the Freshest Sports Apparel Styles from FansEdgeBrowse Products
Best Selection of NFL Tickets on StubHub!Browse Products
15% OFF Authentic Sports and Entertainment Signed Memorabilia!Browse Products